Grade 7 Camp tomorrow. Dress for the weather and bring layers. Devices are okay for bus ride and for taking pictures while on the hike. Grade 6s will be leaders in the school and will work in and with different teachers throughout the school.
Global Read Aloud Discussion Questions this week.
- Right away in Chapter 7, Melody talks about how she dreams she can do anything. Think about a dream that you have had. How can you make that dream into a reality? (Question posted on TodaysMeet at http://todaysmeet.com/OOMM5 if interested.)
- Why do you think it is hard for teachers to stay with Melody and her class?
- Chapter 8 finally brings us to the story of Ollie. How do Ollie’s story and Melody’s story go together?Why do you think the episode with Mrs. Billups is important to the story as a whole?
- Check out this site to learn more about service dogs: http://www.littleangelsservicedogs.org/ Butterscotch really helped Melody when she fell out of her chair! What other jobs do dogs do for people? What are some things you can do to help when you see a service dog?
- How do you think Melody will react to having a new sibling in the house?
- What themes or big ideas do you think that Sharon Draper is trying to get us to think about as we read these chapters?