We start today and are excited to discuss with our global partners on our blog, via skype, and on Twitter. Here are some things we are pondering on our blogs and in our discussions. Exciting times!!
- Right away, Melody tells us she’s surrounded by words. What power do you have over the words you speak?
- Were you surprised at the ending of chapter one? What do you think will happen as the story goes on?
- The trait of “voice” is one that we talk about in writing. How does Melody’s voice sound to you? Would you enjoy talking to her?
- Click the link to listen to the refrain of “Elvira” by the Oak Ridge Boys if you’ve never heard it. While you’re at it, listen to “Yesterday” and “I Want to Hold Your Hand” by The Beatles.
- In Chapter 3, Melody starts talking to us about her childhood. Here are some examples of real people who have cerebral palsy a. Charisse’s Story - My Life Journey with Cerebral Palsy & b. Cerebral Palsy - What I Want You To Know
- How did you feel when Dr. Hugely was asking Melody questions?
- What did you think of the conclusion that Dr. Hugely made?
- Mrs. Brooks told the doctor, “A person is so much more than the name of a diagnosis on a chart!” Take the chance today to compliment someone without asking for anything in return.